Real Estate Owned (R.E.O.) properties are often acquired in less than favorable conditions for resale. Normally they are rehabilitated with contractor grade materials, but this R.E.O. property rehab was different. The unit was small enough to invest in better materials such as shaker cabinets, granite countertops and luxury vinyl floors in order to get the maximum sale price.
The unit still had its original kitchen from the late 1960’s, dirty carpets and a bathroom that looked as if it was remodeled in the 80’s. All of the flooring, baseboards, cabinets and doors were removed and replaced with new upgraded materials.
Upgraded Kitchen: Before & After
- Electrical Upgrades
- Recessed lighting in the kitchen ceiling
- Dedicated electrical circuit required for new Over-the-Range Microwave
- GFCI outlets in wet areas
- Additional GFCI protected outlets at the kitchen counter
- 10-year ion battery smoke detectors in bedrooms and common areas
Increasing the rehab budget for upgraded materials proved to be a wise choice. This unit was receiving offers from curious passers-by while we were still applying the finishing touches.
Congratulations to the new owners, we hope you are enjoying your new home!
Below are before and after photos of this R.E.O. rehab process for this property.